The Bremerton Farmers Market is introducing a new Holiday Market on November 18th from noon -4pm at the Norm Dick’s Center. This event will focus on in-season produce and locally grown products from area farmers, including fresh ingredients for Thanksgiving. Additionally, the Holiday Market will provide customers an opportunity to shop for beautifully crafted holiday products by artisan vendors.
Since 2005, Bremerton Farmers Market has been providing local families with the freshest locally grown produce, fruits and hand crafted artisan products. Even more, it has become a meeting place for the community to learn about food production and nutrition, and get to know our local farmers and each other. Bremerton residents desperately need sources of good, healthy food, and opportunities to follow a healthy lifestyle. The Bremerton Farmers Market is proud to share this unique opportunity for customers to purchase local food and craft products for the holidays.
The Holiday Market has no entrance fee and will have many of the same great market vendors you’ve seen at the Bremerton Farmers Market this summer. This is a great opportunity for the community to show support for small businesses and shop local for the holidays. The Bremerton Farmers Market will have tokens available for customers using debit and credit cards or food assistance programs. This is also a great opportunity to get a 2012 limited edition Bremerton Farmers Market organic cotton shopping bag.
There are several opportunities to learn more from a variety of community organizations, including Repower Bremerton, Kitsap Food Co-Op and Washington State University Kitsap Master Gardeners. There will be several learning opportunities at the Holiday Market, including:
WSU Master Gardener’s Classes:
- 12:30-1:30pm: Hands-on Hoop House Demonstration with Kirstin Johnston, Master Gardener
- 1:45 – 2:30pm: Extending your Growing Season Using your Hoop House with Eugene Brennan, Master Gardener (Season extension, principles and practices for the home vegetable gardener; ways to protect your early plantings and methods for lengthening your harvest time.)
- 2:45 – 3:30pm: Hands-on small scale Vermicomposting Workshop with Roy Sahali
Repower Bremerton Week
- RePower Bremerton will share about special incentives available to Bremerton residents only, who have oil/propane heat and are looking to switch to natural gas or electric fuel heat.
- “Ask an Energy Advisor” with Dan Josephsen, a Bremerton Energy Advisor, who will answer technical questions, give advice, or refer contractors.
- The community can also bring spent Compact Florescent Light bulbs to dispose of properly, there will be a CFL drop box available.
Kitsap Community Food Co-Op
- This is a great opportunity to share the gift with your family and friends of being a Kitsap Community Food Co-Op member. Join us to connect with current members, learn about where the organization is at in the planning process and how you can get involved.
Bremerton Farmers Market summer season has come to an end, so the Holiday Market is the last opportunity to get your goods for the holidays. The Thursday market will reopen at Evergreen Park in Bremerton beginning in May and reopen on Sunday in Downtown Bremerton beginning in June. We look forward to seeing you!